Best New Price
Updated: 01/25/2023 22:01:06 GMT - Details
Scannable Barcode for UPC 678482971127
Similar on Amazon
|$6.49||01/25/2023 22:01:06 GMT - Details|
- Sedum pulchellum, commonly known as Sedum, is a wonderful, sun-loving perennial ground cover. It's perfect for edging walkways or rock walls. This variety, Seastar, has star-like flowers of pale pink that bloom from late spring through summer.
- This low growing perennial sedum only reaches 4 - 6 inches tall in USDA zones 6 - 9.
- The foliage is thick and succulent giving it the drought and heat tolerance that is needed in rock gardens and along sidewalks and walkways. Sedum is considered to be very low-maintenance. After the flowers are spent, shearing it back tidies its appearance.
- Sedum seed is very small and it helps to mix the seed with some garden sand for even sowing. Start Sedum seed indoors 6 8 weeks before the end of frost season. Do not cover the seeds but press them into the soil gently. Keep seed moist until germination.
- Sowing Rate: Approximately 1000 seeds cover 20 square feet. With a temperature of 68 70F, germination is usually within 28 days. Space the plants 12 inches apart. Grow this perennial in full sun to partial shade and in well-draining soil. This variety tolerates moisture better than other varieties. Sedum is usually resistant to deer.