Best New Price
Updated: 01/25/2023 22:01:02 GMT - Details
Scannable Barcode for UPC 678482977389
Similar on Amazon
|$6.49||01/25/2023 22:01:02 GMT - Details|
- Sedum telephium, commonly known as Sedum, is a wonderful, sun-loving perennial ground cover. It's perfect for edging walkways or rock walls. This variety, Emperor's Wave, has umbrella-like flower heads of deep carmine red that bloom from late summer into fall.
- This sedum reaches 14 - 16 inches tall as a perennial ground cover in USDA zones 4 - 9.
- The foliage is thick and succulent giving it the drought and heat tolerance that is needed in rock gardens and along sidewalks and walkways. It is very attractive to butterflies and bees. Sedum is considered to be very low-maintenance.
- After the flowers are spent, shearing it back tidies its appearance. Sedum seed is very small and it helps to mix the seed with some garden sand for even sowing.
- Sowing Rate: Approximately 1000 seeds cover 20 square feet. Start Sedum seed indoors 6 8 weeks before the end of frost season. Do not cover the seeds but press them into the soil gently. Keep seed moist until germination. With a temperature of 68 70F, germination is usually within 21 days.
- Space the plants 16 inches apart. Grow this perennial in full sun and in sandy, gritty, well-draining soil. Sedum is usually resistant to deer.